Thursday, February 4, 2010

Upper Valley Industries

This semester I am taking a special education class, and so far it has been really good. I have learned so much already and because of this class, I have been able to have some really great experiences working with people with special needs.

For this class, we are required to volunteer two hours in the special education resource room at the local high school (which I start next week), and at Upper Valley Industries, which is a facility for adults with special needs. At this facility, these people have the opportunity to keep learning after public schooling, and they also have the opportunity to work for a couple of hours a day.

Yesterday was my last hour volunteering at Upper Valley Industries, and it was such an eye-opening experience. As I was helping the people there, I couldn't help but feel love for these people that I had just barely met. I then thought about how much our Heavenly Father loves them and knew that the love I felt was significantly less that the love He has for each and every one of them. I stayed for a little bit longer than an hour because I didn't want to leave! I just wanted to share this really cool experience I had with all of you.

P.S. A wrinkle in time is a really good book! I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Adam, Jill and the gang said...

Chelsea, what an awesome testimony building experience!