Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just a moment to brag...

In one of my English classes (Research and Presentation) we had to write a seven page MLA research paper. I just got mine back today. My comments were all good and I got an A. As I was walking to my next class, which is incidentally with the same professor, he told me that I had done the best in the class and he was so impressed, he asked if he might have me email my paper to him so that he can use it as a future example. I was so excited because I worked really hard on my paper, pulling a couple of late nighters and at least one all-nighter. Anyway, I just wanted to brag a little.

I just finished reading The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale for my YA Lit class. Very good book, highly recommend it (It does start off a little slow though). I also have to read a non-fiction book, which I also just finished. I read with their eyes. It is a series of monologues of students, teachers, administrators, and workers from a high school that was just down the block from the World Trade Center. These monologues are about 9/11 and these peoples reactions. They are all true stories. It was a great read and it really made me think about that day. I was only in the sixth grade, and I didn't understand all of the emotions and facts behind it, but this book really brought it into perspective for me.

P.S. This was the news story that was playing on the televisions in the gym while I was working out!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35566392?GT1=43001

2 comments:

Adam, Jill and the gang said...

Chelsea, you rock!

Dan and Dionne said...

Awesome! Isn't it nice when hard work pays off. That can apply both to the paper and the gym! Way to go and keep up the hard work because A's are the best reward!