Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sighting of The Purple Shirt Man

Tomorrow I start classes again. I can honestly say that this is the first semester I'm not excited for classes to start. This is probably due to the fact that I'm taking a MONSTER writing class this semester that is going to be at least 16 hours of outside class work a week....at least I'm taking the class when I'm not really wanting to go outside. Anyway, I figure that I am going to be spending a lot of my free time in the library (ok, let's be honest, I probably will have very little free time anyway :D).

My roommate Julie from Spring Semester arrived yesterday, and we hung out all day today. It was so great to see her. We talked about how last spring, we would always see this one guy around campus every where we went: the gym, the library, everywhere. This is guy is quite buff and likes to wear really tight, brightly colored shirts, and so we kindly refer to him as "The Purple Shirt Man". Today, after we had picked up our books, we said how sad it would be if he had graduated already and we wouldn't see him again. About three hours later, we were in the cafeteria and all of the sudden I hear Julie say, "NO WAY!" I turned around, and "The Purple Shirt Man" was walking through the cafeteria, wearing a very bright yellow shirt and matching baseball cap. Basically, this sight made our day, and maybe it was a sign that the semester isn't going to be that bad.

No comments: