Sunday, December 18, 2011

Catching Up

I think it's funny that I only ever update my blog at the end of a semester, but since my sister Sheena decided to update her blog, I thought that I should as well.

I started my senior year (part 1) at BYU-Idaho in September. It's crazy to think how fast school is going for me. Even now I can't believe I have finished one more semester towards my degree.

Just to give you an idea about how close I am to being finished, I applied for my student teaching semester in December for Winter 2013. I'm hoping to end up in Utah for that, but I put Las Vegas and Arizona as my second choices. Depending on how many students apply, I could be headed south for that winter, which would be a nice change from living in the frozen tundra for four years.

I started working as a teacher's assistant for one of my professors. I helped with her Foundations Humanities class (mostly freshmen), which I actually took from her my second semester. I love this job because it gives me little opportunities to teach and it affirms to me that I'm in the right major. I love coming up with ideas to make the subject easier and more fun for the students. I love teaching!

My friend Julie got married this weekend and I designed her announcements for her back in October. Here is what they looked like:
  
Front

Back  


My friends Merinda and Mari and I threw a bridal shower for Julie as well. There were only a few girls who showed up, but it was still lots of fun.

Other than that, nothing too spectacular happened this semester. Maybe by my next post in April (ha ha) I'll have something awesome to share with you all.

1 comment:

Meagan Ivie said...

Love your blog Chelsea! That's so exciting that you're almost DONE with school! Congrats!